Ex. 03.04: Official Languages – Culture
0 of 8 questions completed
You have already completed the exercise before. Hence you can not start it again.
Exercise is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the exercise.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 8 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- bokmål: Norge
- nynorsk: Noreg
- North Sami: Davvin (Norga)
Review the English text about bokmål and nynorsk and the Norwegian dialects on p. 42-43 in the textbook. Then, watch the video below (the first 6 min. and 15 sec. and the last 1 min. and 15 sec.) to learn more about the Sami languages and do the exercise.
1. How many Sami languages are there?
2. The Sami languages are only spoken in the northern regions of Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Russia.CorrectIncorrect
3. How many people speak one of the Sami languages?CorrectIncorrect
4. Why aren’t there more people who speak the Sami languages?CorrectIncorrect
5. Which Sami language has the most native speakers?CorrectIncorrect
6. What country has the largest number of North Sami speakers?CorrectIncorrect
7. What status does the Sami language have in Norway?CorrectIncorrect
8. At the end of the video, you will hear a Sami native speaker read a short selection from a book that is a classic among the Sami.
The book came out in and was the first book ever published in the Sami language.