Ex. 05.14: University Sports – Culture
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed the exercise before. Hence you can not start it again.
Exercise is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the exercise.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
UNIVERSITY SPORTS. In Norway, universities focus on academics, not extracurriculars. For example, there are no sports teams affiliated with each university. Many athletes who attend universities play for city, regional or national teams alongside their studies. In addition, there are many groups and associations that offer a type of intramural sports activities where students can meet other students. Think about both the advantages and disadvantages of a system where competitive sports teams are not part of the university.
Below is an introductory video to Oslo Studentenes Idrettsklubb (Oslo Student Sports Club), an association that organizes a variety of sports activities for students at different levels. Watch the video and do the exercise below. If you would like more information about the sports offered in Oslo, view OSI’s website.
1. How many different sports does OSI organize?CorrectIncorrect
2. In the video, you see a selection of the sports activities that OSI offers. Check all that apply.CorrectIncorrect
3. Here are more sports that are represented in the video. Check all that apply.CorrectIncorrect
4. What is OSI’s slogan that you hear at the end of the video?
Idrett (Sports for everyone)
5. What year was OSI established?CorrectIncorrect