Ex. 26.16: Welfare State – Reading
0 of 12 Questions completed
You have already completed the exercise before. Hence you can not start it again.
Exercise is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the exercise.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 12 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Correct Answers
Pre-Reading: Study the key words listed at the top of p. 160 and then look at each of the questions that are used as sub-titles in the article about the Norwegian welfare state. Can you understand all the questions?
During Reading: Now that you have a general idea about the content of the article, read it more slowly and answer the questions below as you go. Note that there will be one question for each of the sections in the text.
- Who has the main responsibility for taking care of the people in Norway?
2. What are the main values behind the Norwegian welfare state?Correct AnswersIncorrect
3. When was Norway’s national insurance (or social security) system established?Correct AnswersIncorrect
4. Which of the government benefits below are available for all Norwegians? (Check all that apply.)Correct AnswersIncorrect
5. How is the welfare state financed?Correct AnswersIncorrect
6. What is the main complaint Norwegians have about the welfare system?Correct AnswersIncorrect
7. How much does it cost to be in the hospital?Correct AnswersIncorrect
8. Are there private clinics and hospitals in addition to the public ones in Norway?Correct AnswersIncorrect
9) All the political parties support the Norwegian welfare state in general, but they have some differences of opinion about health care. Answer the questions below.
Which parties would like to have more privatization of health care?Correct AnswersIncorrect
10) Which parties are against privatization of health care?Correct AnswersIncorrect
11) What are the advantages of the Norwegian welfare state?Correct AnswersIncorrect
12) What are the disadvantages of the Norwegian welfare state?Correct AnswersIncorrect