Third Edition of Sett i gang
Our designer is just finishing up the third edition of Sett i gang! Below are details about the upcoming release.
- Sett i gang 1: (ISBN: 9798387283505)
The third edition of the Sett i gang 1 textbook was released on Amazon on 17. mai (hurra!).
- Sett i gang 2: (ISBN: 9798387284922)
The third edition of the Sett i gang 2 textbook was released on August 22, 2023.
- The price of each of the textbooks will increase slightly to $62.99 for the print books.
- Sett i gang 1 was released on August 15, 2023.
- Sett i gang 2 will be available in late August 2023.
- The price of the eTextbooks will remain the same at $39.99.
- We have made extensive updates to statistical, cultural, and visual information in both textbooks. Many of the revisions are small in nature, but we have rewritten some entire sections and replaced texts that were out-of-date. The revisions are also more inclusive with the addition of the newly approved gender-neutral, third-person pronoun.
- As with previous editions, we will provide a detailed overview of all the updates of both books.
- We highly recommend that incoming learners begin with the new 3rd edition. The print editions of the 2nd edition will be available until Dec 31, 2023. The accompanying audio files will be archived on the website for two years.
- Instructors who have regularly taught more than 12 students per term can request a desk copy free of charge here.
- Sett i gang web portal:
The third edition of the Sett i gang web portal has a fee of $10 per user and provides access to the portal for two years from the time of enrollment. We have added this fee to cover the costs of web hosting, themes, plugins, and work provided by our web consultant.
- Except for previously registered group leader, all users will need to pay the $10 fee.
- The main sections of the portal were ready for use in June, but we will be updating many of the audio clips over the course of the summer from June to August. It takes time to record, edit, and upload the audio clips to the site. In addition, we will be adding web and instructor resources as they are completed during the summer.
- As with the textbooks, we will provide a detailed overview of all the updates to the portal.